Home > Trip Reports > June 4-7, 2016, Paradise

June 4-7, 2016, Paradise

6/4/16
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by silaswild on 6/8/16 1:16am
How fortunate we are to have Paradise so close to home (eh Andy!)  What a great place to escape the heat, skin from the car and ski back to it.  Thanks John, Lisa, David, Elliott, Bobby, Brian, Nikki, Mike, Tara, Jeff, Bri, Cliff, Eric, Michelles, Khanh, and AnneMarie for indulging my fantasy that I am the DOF.  Even the hundreds marching up to Camp Muir did not detract from our solitude, and it was great to see so many folks finding fun, including those in our group riding a new line!

There was usually at least a little breeze to cool the snowy reflector oven, the skiing was not too sloppy, and the apres parties were excellent.  Tracks on Fuhrer Finger, the Turtle, Muir Snowfield, the Paradise, the Cowlitz, and Nisqually Chutes indicated the easy access fun many enthusiasts found this week.  It sounds like Mother (Nature) might wipe the slate clean and sew (sow?) a new corn comforter in the next days!
author=silaswild link=topic=36635.msg149246#msg149246 date=1465402619]
It sounds like Mother (Nature) might wipe the slate clean and sew (sow?) a new corn comforter in the next days!

May it be so

Looks like "Direction To Fun", to me.  ;)

Reply to this TR

june-4-7-2016-paradise
silaswild
2016-06-08 08:16:59