May 25, 2016 Timberline

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
26 May 2016 20:14 #227132 by Zap
May 25, 2016 Timberline was created by Zap
In Sandy it was cloudy and when we arrived at Timberline it was drizzling. We waited and the drizzle stopped, but it was still very cloudy. After an hour or so 2 climbers came walking by, and I  spoke with them. They'd had a great climb and I asked about the cloud bank. The clouds went to the top of Magic Mile lift, BUT the Palmer lift was in the sun with no wind. We quickly dressed and walked to the Magic Mile lift. We met 2 ski school instructors and they confirmed the Palmer lift was in the sun and that it was a cruiser day. There was an inch of new and the coverage was untracked “creamers”. The groomers had a few of lines. After a couple of runs we crossed under the Palmer lift to skier's right – the area in the direction of Illumination Rock. It was untracked from the top of Palmer to the top of the Magic Mile. It was just so nice to ski everywhere with great coverage. The lifts were uncrowded, and Jill and I kept cycling on the Palmer. Unfortunately the ski down the Magic Mile area when we were done was on sticky, gloppy snow.  But it was worth it.  ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
26 May 2016 23:05 #227135 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: May 25, 2016 Timberline
Nailed it!

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 May 2016 09:40 #227137 by Zap
Replied by Zap on topic Re: May 25, 2016 Timberline
I forgot a couple of images.
Attachments: