Home > Trip Reports > May 17, 2016, Del Campo and Lewis Peak

May 17, 2016, Del Campo and Lewis Peak

5/17/16
Posted by Shred on 5/21/16 12:53am
JimD, Chrols, & I found some great turns up in our backyard (Mtn. Loop). Climbers trail has been pruned and these two hills are a fairly easy get (with a snow free basin).
I will let my quarky little edit do the rest of the reporting.
https://vimeo.com/167450678
Good eye for some very nice lines shred!

some good lines in good style for sure... nice vid!

very cool, venerating trip gents -- and nice vid, pics both!

tempted to have a look tomorrow...but for the rain ;(

Enjoyed it Jeff, good to see you guys getting after it!

My favorite vid of the year so far!!  Can't wait to get up there with you next time 8)

Yaasssss. So awesome.

The balloons help lighten the load on the approach, right?

CoriB, definitely lightens the load... everybody is all hot and heavy over Carbon fiber these days. I personally think Helium is the future of our sport.  I'm looking to fill my tent for the next outing..  :D

Thanks for the TR, great vid-music-lines! Perfect

inspired by these guys, monkey-saw monkey-did this tour yesterday, although in reverse order.  (the sun seemed to threaten a permanent appearance, and didn't want to ski the w-facing rock-lined couloir on Lewis in the afternoon heat--it was plenty soft already in the morning.) 

appreciated the work on the path; surmise it's as well stomped in as it gets.  (re: the approach, noted several parties drove by the unofficial-looking road closed sign--it seemed to apply to only a portion of the track.  there's room for all but the widest of trucks to squeak by a partial washout.)

a gorgeous place with plenty of fine turns, even in this early late-season we're having.  get it while it lasts

Glad you made it up there, Eric! Is the corn back in harvest?

yes indeed, Jeff, there was creamy corn on Lewis and slushy corn on Del Campo--some slush management required on the latter.  on Lewis, I pulled a shred and skied the W couloir quickly in one go, so no mgt required.

thanks for the additional motivation to visit the summit of Lewis, a sobering and special place.

for those interested, i encourage getting up there soon, the couloir on Lewis probably has another week before some of the gaps span.  Del Campo should be good for another couple weeks, at least.  no pollen issues either.

Reply to this TR

may-17-2016-del-campo-and-lewis-peak
Shred
2016-05-21 07:53:27