Home > Forum > Dec 29, 2005, Alpental

Dec 29, 2005, Alpental

• androolus
  • [androolus]
More
29 Dec 2005 09:42 #212063 by androolus
Dec 29, 2005, Alpental was created by androolus
Alternating fog and sun. Okay skiing, quite fun though all the same. I saw tracks on the phantom slide. Wish I was there...but no buddy. Oh well. <br><br>Only Edelweiss basin and international open on chair 2. Some soft snow left but pretty much just soft moguls now. Lower half of mountain is mostly hard pack.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jasonsalvo
  • [jasonsalvo]
More
29 Dec 2005 10:41 #212065 by jasonsalvo
Replied by jasonsalvo on topic Re: Dec 29, 2005, Alpental
I must disagree with androolus here. The skiing at Alpental was fantastic today. The temps stayed low, so the bottom wasn't leg death and the snow on Int and lower I stayed soft all day, though the freshies did disapper unfortunately quckly. International did get mogully by the late afternoon, but they were soft moguls. Plus, what untracked snow that there was to be found was oh so nice...

• androolus
  • [androolus]
More
29 Dec 2005 11:11 #212066 by androolus
Replied by androolus on topic Re: Dec 29, 2005, Alpental
Reading the report from crystal, perhaps it is best to include a crowdedness factor for these Lifty reports. <br><br>Despite the fact that the lower parking filled up, the lift lines remained short most of the time. Occasionally there was a 5 minute lift line on chair 2. Though since there were only 2 runs open, the slopes were a bit crowded, but I only hit a few people. ;)