Home > Trip Reports > 12 May 2016, Snoqualmie Mountain

12 May 2016, Snoqualmie Mountain

5/12/16
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by powscraper on 5/12/16 11:34am
Longtime no poster here. A skiless scramble of The Tooth on Tuesday left me surprised by the snow cover in the Alpental Valley. Craving more release than my tennies produced, and a sub-4-hour drive, I negotiated a trip back to harvest some of the last continuous summit Snoqcorn with Dr. DB.

We kept the faith from the snowed-in PCT parking lot and religiously skied car-to-car (for speed? ;)) via Commonwealth, the Lundin slopes and the Snoqualmie Mountain East Summit.

I estimate that this could be "skied" car-to-car for at least another several weeks; this temple turns away no true believer! Be the valley of the world and return to the unhewn wood and all that (Dao de Jing 28, timeless wisdom?) I'm not sure all those slide alders would deserve the abuse though, but who knows, they are pretty twisted! ;D

I'm going to go ahead and boast that we managed to ski the very best possible course in Snoqualmie this month and that no other continuous summit line exists in the area, if only so that one of you ups this with your own low-elevation crusade. I'd love to witness another lowland miracle! :D Red looks out btw without disastrous airtime; did not have time to get good looks at the Slot or Crooked but I'm sure there's something still skiable in there
More pics https://goo.gl/photos/dtGW5AqsUp3yivMTA

[not quite sure how to fully hotlink Google Photos...]

:). Thanks for the TR!

Mega-url photos not yet visible.

Reply to this TR

12-may-2016-snoqualmie-mountain
powscraper
2016-05-12 18:34:13