Home > Forum > December 28, 2005, Snoqualmie Pass (Wet West)

December 28, 2005, Snoqualmie Pass (Wet West)

• TomK
  • [TomK]
More
29 Dec 2005 02:51 #212057 by TomK
12/28/05 - Wednesday Eve at West. Was a little worried about the weather as it was rain showers and low 30's on the road report, but went anyway and scored a nice one. Started skiing at 6:15 under broken clouds, had one brief snow shower, and then at 8:40 wet snowfall started up in earnest so I left. On the hill coverage was good with jost a couple of 10x20 foot dirt patches in a few of the well marked drainholes. Snow consistancy was 5-6 inches of new wet buttercream frosting over firm. No ice or scrapeouts anywhere. It was pretty cut up, but soft enough for that not to matter as long as I went fast on my fatboards. Scored a few 1-turn and straightline uncut spots that were mid-boot deep, and a 7 turn firsttracks route through the knee-high trees on the ridgeline between Thunderbolt and lower T-bird runs. Also found some new west of Julies against the treeline after making my way down the skiers left edge of 360 bowl. Wildside,Little T, PC, & Julies chairs were running and the longest wait at PC was 2-3 minutes at most. Snowing hard when I left, and it had warmed up to rain just a mile or so down from the summit. TomK on 2 fat sticks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.