Home > Forum > December 28, 2005, Stevens Pass

December 28, 2005, Stevens Pass

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
28 Dec 2005 13:12 #212053 by altasnob
December 28, 2005, Stevens Pass was created by altasnob
After a week of 10,000 ft. freezing levels I'd go so far as to call it epic. 5" to 10" on top of the rain crust. Crowds were not bad.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
28 Dec 2005 16:24 #212055 by Trent
Replied by Trent on topic Re: December 28, 2005, Stevens Pass
How was the backside? We are debating between Crystal and Stevens tomorrow (Thursday).<br>Thanks!

• Telemon
  • [Telemon]
More
28 Dec 2005 16:47 #212056 by Telemon
Replied by Telemon on topic Re: December 28, 2005, Stevens Pass
I just got back from Stevens; I haven't had time to set up my photos yet, but conditions on the backside were much better than I expected. A strong wind passed through about 1:30 and covered the hill with buttery snow. Plus, the sun briefly appeared and the flat light disappeared, producing the best conditions of the day.I was sorry that I had promised to go into work tomorrow. More later.<br>Bob

• Telemon
  • [Telemon]
More
29 Dec 2005 11:22 #212068 by Telemon
Replied by Telemon on topic Re: December 28, 2005, Stevens Pass
It was snowing when I started skiing at 9 am and it continued through to about 1:30 when the winds picked up and blew the clouds away and a lot of snow off of the trees. The coverage was more than adequate; I don't recall hearing any frightening sounds from my "rock skis".The photo, which was taken in the morning below the Corona Bowl, indicates how laden the trees were.<br><br><br> I only saw a few other teleskiers on the mountain. I was the greybeard with a black helmet and red jacket, accompanied by a young Telemarker, also in red.