Home > Trip Reports > May 2, 2016, Paridise GLacier

May 2, 2016, Paridise GLacier

5/2/16
Posted by Robie on 5/2/16 11:06pm
What a amazing day weather wise. Sunny, light wind and those puffy little clouds. Ken Zirinsky and I made good time (For us) Even skinned up Pan point point minus ski crampons. Not much in the way of crowds. Dropped in at 8500 and first third was creamy corn. Bottom2/3 deep mushy so we corrected our techniques to suit. Kinda a slow glide out paradise valley then a short climb to west of Golden gate. I did a ski cut then we waited as the 50 ' wide slush slide prepared our exit slope.
Heard a rumor that the reflection lake will open soon for Tatoosh /Unicorn easy access. It looked as though someone was accessing by bicycle yesterday

A very good day.
I was headed that way yesterday too, but didn't find any partners so went for a hike in the park instead. It felt like August!

I went yesterday, left the parking lot before 8:30 but cut my tour short when I was getting 6-inch pole penetration with little effort and roller balls on every turn on Bundy's; if I had known you were going to prepare the Golden Gate slope like that I might have continued up Mazama to McClure LOL

Reply to this TR

may-2-2016-paridise-glacier
Robie
2016-05-03 06:06:53