Home > Trip Reports > May 1, 2016, Helens First Tandem descent

May 1, 2016, Helens First Tandem descent

5/1/16
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by heinzsd on 5/2/16 12:56pm
Well TAY Folks,  one of the last major feats of Washington big mountain skiing has been accomplished.  Tandem11 returned to the site of such hardship and failure and completed what many folks thought was impossible.  I am here today to inform you that the first tandem ski descent from the summit of Mt. St Helens has now been etched into the annals of international Ski Mountaineering History. I assure you, Tandem11 was the best tandem skiers on the mountain!

Your Welcome

Past exploits ( re-post): https://vimeo.com/111187660
so, do you only need one permit for that?

So intrigued.  Can't look away.  Are they having the most fun of all !?  Kudos. 

What's in the keg?

Rad!  BEEEEyond my comfort zone. Curious if you guys have practised roping up for glacier travel?  Helens tandem is only cracking the lid on pandoras box. Much left for you two.

Skykilo summed it up, I could not look away, even though I really wanted to.

Not that there's anything wrong with that!

This may be the greatest display of ski bum jackassery I have seen, and it is perfect. Great video and way to get the first descent, and the second. 

Love the ass slap

I'm really glad the two of you found each other. There are not a lot of dudes I'd want to lock into a pair of skis with (none, actually), many proud tandem descents are surely in your future, stay hydrated. 

This is funny enough and filmed well enough (to my eye at least), I imagined it as a Banff Film Festival entry. 

Hilarious and very well done. Can I ask (really, should I) how this idea got started?

Skinning and turning is one thing; I want video of a kick turn!  :D

Glad people are enjoying it,

I'll try and answer what I can -

Keg- Was our dear friend Roger hailing from the streets of Georgetown brewery,

There will be a follow-up video to recap on the love story that brought two wildly amature skiers together to form a unity that was far greater than each could have accomplished individually, covering the lengthy processing of finding such a partner and the hardships the relationships endured that ultimately strengthened the bond between us.  ( with Banff in our site - though if anyone knows about how music licensing works for these things  please PM me)

If you are looking for a tandem partner of your own, I highly recommend online apps such as " Base Grinder" "OkStupid" or "T-Harmony" 

While the offer for Tele is quite appealing, I'm thinking the Leg crossing, thigh humping Tandem Splitboard is the clear next step in this progression. 

A tip of the Tandem Tele  OR sombreros to our Alpine Tandem bros for a job well done.
The film is downright riveting!

Congratulations on the historic feat. Has Pit Viper called to offer sponsorship yet? (Seriously)

I just logged into my TAY account for the first time in four years to let you know that you bros are A DAMNED INSPIRATION. Thank you for making my day!

I never be able to listen to that song the same way again  8)

Haha, this post just changed my day for the better.  Man I needed that laugh.  Think the soundtrack may be my favorite.

Oh man, That was funny... and

1. I have a new favorite song
2. The yellow bird out of nowhere was amazing!

Reply to this TR

may-1-2016-helens-first-tandem-descent
heinzsd
2016-05-02 19:56:15