Home > Forum > Alpental - 04/30 The Last day of April!

Alpental - 04/30 The Last day of April!

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 Apr 2016 16:05 #226945 by ddk
Sorry Aply folks…I’m using up a lot of wordish band width in this report,,,but!….Yee Haa! Woooo Hoooo! Yeppy Big fun! Really BIG fun day at Alpy! Somewhat firm early in places and primo in others, light early crowd and never what many would say was a big crowd – lift lines on Armstrong and Chair 2 big enough to require socializing…and it was very nice socializing with locals and Crystal folks and many other others! Snow got better and better all day ( big soft mushy sweet in places and perfect off sun corn go anywhere bumps in my preferred steeper slots off of Armstrong). Nash took a long time to open and was pretty firm up top…but the bottom 2/3’rds was primo fun soft go anywhere bumps and stumps and rocks and holes and…..just plain fun….Only did Chair 2 a few times…once chair line area – very nice….once Nash top to bottom – very very nice and once doing SnakeDance?...very nice entertaining area, with some nice big bumps and drops. Spent most of the day doing my new found “Hamster Treadmill” off of Armstrong…fast chair, smallish line (no singles line?)….but easy happy fast laps skiing big deep soft mush and steep bumps between the little trees and just plain fun!

Other – Parked one car from the Big Bridge relatively early this morning (lots of hikers filling the lot for Snow Lakes party early). No clue on the soup…sorry…spaced…but there are breakfast sandwiches in the morning and the Pizza is very very good - had one with a beer at noon ….nice casual break watching the crowd skiing to the base.

Other other – Parking lot (Bridge) was pretty full today, there was line ups on Chair 2 (just big enough to keep me away mostly) and smallish lines on Armstrong…since I was in Happy Hamster mode today on Armstrong…that was my place to be…and I gotta say it was pretty BIG fun!....Left at 2pm, home at 2:45 – ouch…haven’t had a snooze get…but it sure is a quick cycle to the Pass!...Great day, looking forward to a bigger great day tomorrow!...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
30 Apr 2016 20:08 #226946 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Alpental - 04/30 The Last day of April!
All I did was ski and hit some bingers. LoT4 was dirty and pretty fun.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.