April 29, 2016 Timberline

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Apr 2016 20:12 #226944 by Zap
April 29, 2016 Timberline was created by Zap
We spent the night at the Snow Bunny SnoPark near the turnoff to Timberline. It was raining at the SnoPark, but we decided to go up to Timberline anyhow. It was snowing and very windy at 9am. Jill looked at me and said she would wait in the warm campervan and read her book. There were 6 other skiers/boarders heading for the lifts. I had my season pass so it was worth a try. I skied down to the base of Stormin' Norman. The snow was frozen from yesterdays' groomers and covered with a half inch of new powder. Sounded and felt like frozen stuff. I got off the lift and headed to the Magic Mile lift, but could not see it do to the wind, clouds and blowing powder. Then a Ski Patroler skied down and looked at me with a “forget it” expression. Then another skier came down, went to the parking lot and drove away. Okay, I got it. I went back to the van. Jill looked at me and said”how was it”. I said “I don't like skiing without you”. I don't think she believed that was why I was back so soon, but it gave me a chance to get into the warm campervan. I would have stayed out longer if she decided to join me (no chance!). Saturday, Sunday and Monday have a great sunny forecast. Jarvis's group arrives on Sunday.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.