Home > Trip Reports > April 19, 2016, Cascadian VIDEO

April 19, 2016, Cascadian VIDEO

4/19/16
Posted by FreeBird on 4/25/16 12:42am
A fun little day trip out to Stuart  8)

https://vimeo.com/163895578
Beautiful video! You must have hiked like goats to fit that all in on your " little" day! Looked like perfect snow and weather.

This one really is great to watch ....I feel guilty working

Curious where the waterfall is.  Not familiar with that in that area.  Thanks.

Great buzz from watching that.  Thanks for posting.  Thumbs up!!!

author=Boot link=topic=36373.msg148264#msg148264 date=1461641986]
Curious where the waterfall is.  Not familiar with that in that area.  Thanks.

I think that may be the mystical waterfall of perpetual winter... privy only to the initiates of the reverse order--but I could be wrong. I really don't know. I don't think I've ever seen it.

some pics from my scratchy lensed camera--

it was hot! record breaking temps that day I believe... hard to keep moving at times. especially with that long-ass approach...

Carl makes it look like we were moving all the time but there was a lot of

lounging

and more lounging

Ingalls Creek-side lounge... and coffee stop

ridge top bootless lounge

...etc: + more (undocumented) lounging. I'm not sure how we made it as far as we did. I can only surmise that hanging with initiates of the reverse order may have helped some...

the wizard of snow

another wizard

wizard(ess) with a view

first turn

a beautiful path on a long hot day

Awesome. Love the shot with the camera smack dab in the middle of the slide path.

Anyone have info on weekday road conditions? I seem to recall a warning that the road was only available on the weekend to those not cutting down trees . Website now just gives a headsup that they are hauling logs. Considering driving up the road some evening to crash at/near TH...

thanks
Erik

Primo locations for some hard chilling

The logging seems to be concentrated on the Stafford Creek Road. We had no problems weekend or weekday on the Teanaway River Road.

That's Franklin Falls the following day.  Don't forget to stop at the Aardvark for some hurry curry :)

Reply to this TR

april-19-2016-cascadian-video
FreeBird
2016-04-25 07:42:46