Home > Forum > Mission Ridge 12/24/2005

Mission Ridge 12/24/2005

• aaron_wright
  • [aaron_wright]
More
24 Dec 2005 09:03 #212038 by aaron_wright
Mission Ridge 12/24/2005 was created by aaron_wright
I skiied at Mission for a few hours this morning, and all I can say is, wow! All the talk of gloom and doom, another lost season is pretty pathetic. Skiing was actually quite good above 5000' and great above 6000'. The Ridge has probably received 6-10" since wednesday. Sure, there has been some rain, but mostly down low. Not much in the way of lost snow and the new snow is building a bomber base. A little sloppy towards noon on my way to the base, but with colder temps and more moisture on the way, I can't help but be optimistic. C'mon over this week and see for yourself.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wickstad
  • [wickstad]
More
24 Dec 2005 12:51 #212040 by wickstad
Replied by wickstad on topic Re: Mission Ridge 12/24/2005
Hi Aaron.<br><br>We're in Bend where it is a different story. It is so warm here. We did not ski today as planned. Saved a hundred bucks. We were lucky enough to ride the Liberator Express quad at Mission last weekend. I tried to post something here but was interrupted by customers every time. Does any of that make sense.<br><br>Anyway the Liberator was a revelation. The offloading area is first class. Views views views. I was snowboarding and had the easiest time offloading and strappping in yet. There's room for hordes up there. And views.<br><br>Merry Christmas.<br><br>Eric. p.s. Elisa is here too.<br><br>

• aaron_wright
  • [aaron_wright]
More
26 Dec 2005 10:21 #212042 by aaron_wright
Replied by aaron_wright on topic Re: Mission Ridge 12/24/2005
Eric, to bad about the skiing at Bachelor. I skied again sunday and while it was nice to see cooler temps all the cut up crud from saturday was frozen stiff, made for interesting conditions. Skied until noon in sleet, graupel and heavy snow. Looking forward to the week ahead. Hope you and Elisa had a good holiday.