Home > Trip Reports > April 16, 2016, Roosevelt Circumnav, Snoq Pass

April 16, 2016, Roosevelt Circumnav, Snoq Pass

4/16/16
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Kenji on 4/17/16 3:16pm
David, Sally and I left the Alpy lot at 8:45am, came back at 7:45pm, a kinda long day for us, easy-goers. My 2nd attempt to figure-eight Chair and Roosevelt peaks ended exactly as my first to take a short cut home over the Snow lake.  The snow cover is good everywhere except the notch to Chair's north slope, we took a short gully before and booted up a bit higher.  The north slope was good skiing for the upper half then typical avy debris, but soft enough for fun turning down to the lake.  The hard part was getting onto the upper Roosevelt slope, booting up the last short steep section was a real chore.  The north-west basin was pretty ski-able except the top 100' of stiff recent sloughs.  Overall it was a long, but fun tour.

More pics here.

Did you ski Holy Diver off of Rossevelt?

Yes we did ski it.  I've seen that name, but had forgotten.  The 3rd pic above was about the 1/4 way down the gully.  The recent snow fall must have been a bit deeper there then sloughed off under the heat.  It was a bit stiff in the upper shade, but got softer in the sun and more enjoyable.

Reply to this TR

april-16-2016-roosevelt-circumnav-snoq-pass
Kenji
2016-04-17 22:16:59