Home > Forum > April 16-17, 2016, Alpental - Training4Cinco

April 16-17, 2016, Alpental - Training4Cinco

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
17 Apr 2016 22:26 - 17 Apr 2016 22:37 #226859 by pipedream
Excellent weekend of training for Cinco... great spring weather, great spring snow, great spring fashion (read: shirtless men in kilts) and great spring crowds (read: none)! An "alpine" start at the crack of noon on Sat. gave us an excellent afternoon of smashing slush in the sun (and scraping corn off the cob in the shade). Took a friend down l'Internationale for his first time ever, shortly followed by his inaugural trip through the upper gate.

Sunday was more of the same, except we actually got an early start, harvested morning corn on the E-Bowl side of chair 2 (BIG temperature inversion kept things soft up top), then chased the sun to the Nash side and out the upper gate all afternoon. Since only Silver Fir was spinning @ Central, the last day of lessons was moved to Alpental. As expected there was low turnout so it was just a freeskiing bonanza with all my SLC friends who are usually stuck across the highway. Finished the day with a lap thru Stokes which yielded great snow - lightly touched corn starting to set up in the shade.

ddk, CD and others - looks like the next few weekends would be a good time to journey to the red-headed stepsister resort to your north ;) our hamster wheel spins a little slower than yours but that affords sufficient time for responsible adult refreshment :D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
20 Apr 2016 05:59 #226870 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: April 16-17, 2016, Alpental - Training4Cinco
Phat Chance.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
20 Apr 2016 19:12 #226876 by CMSkier

Phat Chance.

Some of the best parents and kids are of the step kind. Unfortunately, due to an aggravating injury and unassociated foot surgery (bone spurs), had to end a little early this season and I'll miss out - Alpental corn sounds great. I'll have to leave it to ddk to bring the Crystal flag north. Sure there's no problem with a slow chair beer, or six.

Ski on,
Ken

More
22 Apr 2016 19:02 #226887 by ddk
Aaaahhhh....the big dilemma ???......Stevens and Double Diamond and big long drive! or Aply and International and very short drive! Two days, better weather forcast for Saturday...hhhhhmmmm....I like the vibe at the base of Aplental a lot and it sounds like this be the final shot...Quick Foot opinions? Alpy folks gonna be nice to me? ;) Right now looks like the Alpy folks (step what ever) will have to put up with me... ;D

• Quick foot
  • [Quick foot]
More
22 Apr 2016 20:53 - 22 Apr 2016 21:01 #226888 by Quick foot
Replied by Quick foot on topic Re: April 16-17, 2016, Alpental - Training4Cinco
I am in Tucson, however if I had the choice it would be Alpy.  More vert, better vibe, and a better beer deck. Take a Nash run for me and my bro.