April 13, 2016 Boreal, CA

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Apr 2016 17:22 #226837 by Zap
April 13, 2016 Boreal, CA was created by Zap
It was a windy day in the CA sun, and we had a chance to ski the area.  With our MAX Passes we can ski here 5 days.  It is near the Donner Pass area. With 500 vertical foot runs it was a different place. This week they opened at 10am, and the ski surface was prime. The area has 6 parks and half-pipes and has a great snowboard teaching staff.  Woodward Tahoe is big and has programs here in winter and summer. The area has a fenced base area which reminded us of Cypress outside of Vancouver, BC.  A staff person checks your lift ticket and then you don't need to show it again. They have an express quad and on the weekend they open 3 more lifts.  The express gives you access to all of their terrain. 90 percent of the folks are in snowboard/ski classes or are riding in the parks. The rest of the terrain was basically ours. We just rode the quad and followed the sun on the groomed trails.  After 2 hours the trails were slushy, and it was time to move on.  It was fun to watch the snowboarders and skiers in the parks and pipes.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
14 Apr 2016 09:05 #226838 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: April 13, 2016 Boreal, CA
I learned to ski there as I grew up in Sacramento and the school districts there ran loads of buses up every weekend. I remember getting dragged up t-bars and j-bars and rope tows. Seemed like every weekend there was another kid going back on the bus with a busted leg. When I started driving we loved it for night skiing. Reminds me of the Summit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.