Home > Forum > Crystal - 4/11

Crystal - 4/11

• CD
  • [CD]
More
11 Apr 2016 16:12 #226816 by CD
Crystal - 4/11 was created by CD
We eeked out a great day before the weather changed for the next several days. In fact, today was the best spring skiing I can remember for the past several years.

Arrived at the mountain with the parking lot in fog. From Rex up was warm and in the sun. The first run down GV and Ferkberg foretold of the day ahead. Spring corn everywhere! This quickly was confirmed with runs down Memorial, Breakover, Sunnyside, Showtime, Powder Bowl, Campbell Basin, Bear Pits, Snorting Elk, and Grubstake. All corn and no stick. Around 10:30, the fog at the base lifted to the 5500 foot elevation which kept us in GV for a time. We also did a PB run during the mid-mountain fog which was weird. Warm sun down PB, then into the fog where the temp dropped 10 degrees making you wish you had your coat and goggles instead of sunglasses and Hawaii shirt. The fog actually turned out to be a good thing because it kept all the flat spots down low cool enough they never got sticky even when the sun came back out. By noon, all the fog was gone top-to-bottom and it was onto the gerbil wheel for a couple hours of Memorial and Showtime, our two favorites. Cooling was provided by the occasional blast of snow into your face when hitting a soft mogul aggressively. Oh, the moguls in PB, BP, and Showtime have gotten quite large. In fact, the zipper line JD cut into Showtime almost 2 weeks ago is now 4 feet deep into the bumps.

A great day with enough vert to offset last Wednesday's more meager offering. Sad that we may have a weather change that will muck up the great spring conditions.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Scotsman
  • [Scotsman]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
11 Apr 2016 19:01 #226817 by Scotsman
Replied by Scotsman on topic Re: Crystal - 4/11
Mrs Scotsman and I left base at 7:30 and skinned up Quiksilver and then skied over to upper lifts just as they opened.
Lovely conditions with sea of clouds below.
Some TTB's on nice grooming until 10Am and then I drove to work to help make" America great again."
I was highly productive at work due to invigorating morning ski until I fell asleep in my office chair in the afternoon while drooling copiously.
Wish they weren't closing.....me sad.

More
12 Apr 2016 19:30 #226824 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 4/11

Mrs Scotsman and I left base at 7:30 and skinned up Quiksilver and then skied over to upper lifts just as they opened.
Lovely conditions with sea of clouds below.
Some TTB's on nice grooming until 10Am and then I drove to work to help make" America  great again."
I was highly productive at work due to invigorating morning ski until I fell asleep in my office chair in the afternoon while drooling copiously.
Wish they weren't closing.....me sad.

Thank you for “making America great again.” And being….very productive…. And also drooling this afternoon for all of us!
- I be very sad also that the end for local lazy lift skiing is ending soon….Blackcomb calls!