Home > Forum > Whistler April 6, 7 or ??

Whistler April 6, 7 or ??

• Eric Lindahl
  • [ejlindahl]
More
08 Apr 2016 11:03 #226793 by Eric Lindahl
Whistler April 6, 7 or ?? was created by Eric Lindahl
I would have posted on DDK's report but the title of it was confusing so did this instead to cast a wider net. I want to get a feeling for what resort skiing conditions would be like this weekend at Whistler. I want to use up my Mountain Collective pass.

Any one up there yesterday or early today with a report??? Is it still manky?? I'm hoping that it will have consolidated some with some return to reasonable spring like conditions. Where I won't have to worry about the brakes or sludging down manky pistes or flats.

Or can anyone direct me to a website that may have more frequent trip reports from the locals up there?

Thanks, Eric

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
08 Apr 2016 17:19 #226797 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Whistler April 6, 7 or ??
Sorry for my typically wacky report style....Whistler/Blackcomb has a lot of great skiing up high even with the warm temps..should be better this weekend, colder temps, better grooming...most of the manck I mentioned is either down very low or off piste in some wacky (can be fun) places.....Both mountains have lots of shady aspects that make for great skiing and the big bonus is that your at Whisterl...Wish you the best if you go....

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
08 Apr 2016 18:16 #226798 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Whistler April 6, 7 or ??
10 - 4 Whistler Blackcomb has some of the best spring skiing in the world. Follow the sun and tear it up. Time your entrances to the steeps so as not to be icy. Like DDK said, with all the different aspects something will always be good. Harmony Ridge in the morning gets first sun. Blackcomb Glacier gets pretty early sun. Couloir Extreme might not soften up until late in the day... Don't go to 7th Heaven early....