Home > Forum > April 5, 2016, Stevens, Convergence KA-POW!

April 5, 2016, Stevens, Convergence KA-POW!

• toph
  • [toph]
More
05 Apr 2016 15:02 #226764 by toph
Great day up at the Pass! 11 inches of new mid heavy snow covered up the bumps nicely on the backside. Per usual the first few runs down Southern Cross were untracked, full speed bliss! The sun came out early and I was worried it was going to turn the schmoo into concrete after a few runs, but luckily mother nature had other plan involving cool temps, clouds, and intermittent snow! The backside rode great all morning with the trees skiers right of Gemini as the star attraction. The top half of wild Katz was a bit variable with icy badness in places, but the bottom half was top notch. In general the front side seemed wind scoured so I stayed in the back.

Certainly an April Pow day for the ages! ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
05 Apr 2016 21:26 #226768 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: April 5, 2016, Stevens, Convergence KA-POW!
I wasn't there ;) buuut I'd be willing to wager that the bootpack to Bobby & Nancy chutes was waist-deep and the steeps immediately skier's left of the chairline got slayed by those who broke said trail - it probably looked something like this

• telemack
  • [telemack]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
07 Apr 2016 15:05 #226784 by telemack
We caught the beginning of the storm Monday afternoon. On Wednesday there was still untracked heavy stuff to play in. Very hot and grabby snow. Both days we parked just a few steps from the stairs. :)