Home > Forum > Black..board - 04/04 comb dang! - 04/04 to 04/06

Black..board - 04/04 comb dang! - 04/04 to 04/06

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
04 Apr 2016 17:33 - 07 Apr 2016 18:39 #226759 by ddk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Apr 2016 16:10 #226765 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Blackboard - 04/04 comb dang!
Good 4/5 also!

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
05 Apr 2016 18:51 #226767 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Blackboard - 04/04 comb dang!

Good 4/5 also!

Blackboard? Combs? Like the wordy ddk reports better, at least I can read between the lines. WTF?

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Apr 2016 10:50 #226775 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Blackboard - 04/04 comb dang!
I like

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 Apr 2016 20:45 #226780 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Blackboard - 04/04 comb dang!
How Big?

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
07 Apr 2016 11:44 #226782 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: Blackboard - 04/04 comb dang!
I hear that one Canadian Big = 0.75 American Bigs these days ;D

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Apr 2016 18:02 #226785 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Blackboard - 04/04 comb dang!
It's the way they try and get people in the store.

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Apr 2016 18:25 #226786 by ddk
Great post all...and yes the 75% rule does make it a little less big...But eh! What the eh!

And the really really wordy part of the post - Short version..go! And especially for CMSkier …..the rest of the words between the lines….It was good…duh! What would you expect from me? It was Whistler…well mostly Blackcomb…it was big mountain…it was some other place even bigger than Crystal (sorry Alpy folks – you got good things…but you are the poor northern stepchild). And the rest of the report – Not the primo sunny week, but other than rain early morning in the Village (always mellow when we walked though to the lifts), conditions on the upper mountain were pretty happy…new snow on Monday was just wet enough to cover up the spring firmness underneath – most of the places I prefer….Aurthors! Yee Haa big fun dropping big bumps in don’t miss a turn trees!!! BarkSandwich also great lazy causal dropping bumps through the trees – untracked smooth fun the first few days (mostly), big bonus, not so good yesterday late in the day (conditions even kept me out of GearJammer! Dang I really do like those big soft steep bumps – did get a lot of repeats the first couple of days). Snow quality was pretty great the first couple of days…powdery top, happy easy warm new mid mountain and surprisingly good corny snow the bottom 1/3rd. Not so nice on Wednesday – heavy, deep, manky, sticky, nasty screw up a knee stuff in a lot of places – I loved it, great manck! But the ski out from Blackcomb is fading fast…will not last through the next week or so of party time (or heat). Fun trip, lots of vert, got lucky enough to have good enough weather to enjoy it…don’t take much. Drive up and back was surprisingly good (boarder wait both directions less than 5…Truck crossing north and Aldergrove south).

Other – Parking was in the basement and the truck got a few days off (10k maintenance is due already). Soup and food and everything at Whistler is way big….had nice shared omelet one day on the mountain mid morning, better quality than X-tal, but even with the exchange rate it is not cheap…but very very good. No lift lines noticed this week, the next week will be busier. Whistler will be shutting down on the 17th…so say…especially since I did not get the primo opp to ski the Peak!...Might have to blow up there for a quickie to get a Peak fix.

Other other - Did the Squamish Sea to Ski Gondy ride on the way back down today – pretty impressive, great views, lot of nice walking to do at the top, but it was kinda expensive ( but it is Canada). Great trip….enough words between the lines Kkz?

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
07 Apr 2016 19:39 #226787 by CMSkier

enough words between the lines Kkz?

Yup, thanks. Oh, Blackboard Dang Comb = Blackcomb.(That new Smartphone give you fits? :-[) Sound similar to Crystal where new snow hasn't been our friend after an hour or two. And again I say, what's wrong with stepchildren? And, horror of horrors, the CM soup station has been closed. Maybe you can do your magic (although beers triumphed over soup) for these afternoons in the sun. And, get a band for Crystal.

Kkz

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Apr 2016 21:29 #226788 by ddk

Yup, thanks. Oh, Blackboard Dang Comb = Blackcomb.(That new Smartphone give you fits? :-[) Sound similar to Crystal where new snow hasn't been our friend after an hour or two. And again I say, what's wrong with stepchildren? And, horror of horrors, the CM soup station has been closed. Maybe you can do your magic (although beers triumphed over soup) for these afternoons in the sun. And, get a band for Crystal.

Kkz

Aaah yess..... ;D

• flowing alpy
  • [flowing alpy]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
08 Apr 2016 05:25 #226790 by flowing alpy
Replied by flowing alpy on topic Re: Black..board - 04/04 comb dang! - 04/04 to 04/06
Alpental is step to no 'resort'.