Home > Trip Reports > December 20, 2005, Veterans Park, Milwaukee, WI

December 20, 2005, Veterans Park, Milwaukee, WI

12/20/05
Posted by GregLange on 12/20/05 6:36pm
As that old CSNY song goes, "If you can't be with the one you love, love the one you're with." Having access to some old 215 cm Fisher Crown skis, and size 14 SNS Salomon boots, I trekked down to this great park on the Lake Michigan lakefront in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, just across the street from my father-in-law's condo. The sun was shining, but the air temp. was 8 F., with a steady 15-knot westerly blowing. However, it was skiing at it's finest, beating the pants off of not skiing. I skiied a nice 5 km. loop, doing my best to keep away from the seawall, where a slip would have dumped me 15 feet into the iced-over lake water. It's not necessarily bc skiing, but there are no lifts in this park, either. I'm hoping the rain forecast to stretch into next week in the Cascades turns to snow sooner than expected, and that we continue on this wonderful start to a long ski season that we are in the midst of. In the meantime, here is where I am, and here is where I'll ski!!!

You guys are almost (almost) making me miss the golf course and adjacent woods in Salem MA where I used to get in my quick fixes when the weather had smiled.

Love the one you're with, indeed.

Fantastic to hear you're getting some goods while in Wisconsin-way to go! I never expected anything less from you.  Merry Christmas to you and the family!

~Lara

Reply to this TR

december-20-2005-veterans-park-milwaukee-wi
GregLange
2005-12-21 02:36:50