Home > Trip Reports > April 1-3, 2016, Norway Hut Wallowas

April 1-3, 2016, Norway Hut Wallowas

4/1/16
Europe
Posted by trees4me on 4/4/16 4:57am
It's game time in the Wallowas!  Spring and melting fast, but lots of snow and lines to be had.  Great trip with family and friends!

Here's all you need to know:

Choose your own adventure, view from the hut
I spent 4 delightful days earlier this year in the McCully Basin courtesy of Wallowa Alpine Huts. Have you been to McCully as well as Norway? If so, how do they compare?

author=PhilH link=topic=36218.msg147729#msg147729 date=1459806201]
I spent 4 delightful days earlier this year in the McCully Basin courtesy of Wallowa Alpine Huts. Have you been to McCully as well as Norway? If so, how do they compare?

Full on winter two weeks ago at McCully -- powfest every day.

Definitely spring now.  I never put a coat on in the 4 days we were there. 

I haven't been to McCully, but my impression is that Norway has more interesting terrain with lots of steep lines on all aspects.  From what I've heard, there is a wider variety of accessible terrain at Norway than McCully. 

author=trees4me link=topic=36218.msg147754#msg147754 date=1459878880]
Definitely spring now.  I never put a coat on in the 4 days we were there. 

I haven't been to McCully, but my impression is that Norway has more interesting terrain with lots of steep lines on all aspects.  From what I've heard, there is a wider variety of accessible terrain at Norway than McCully. 

One of our trip members has been to Norway and thinks the opposite.

Plus it's always downhill back to the yurts!!  And in the Wilderness so no machines or day-trippers

Thanks for the replies. We had some people in our group that were new to backcountry skiing and the beauty of McCully is there is something for everyone. We're already planning our return trip next year.

Reply to this TR

april-1-3-2016-norway-hut-wallowas
trees4me
2016-04-04 11:57:55