Park City/Canyons 3/26-29

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Mar 2016 22:01 - 29 Mar 2016 22:04 #226709 by avajane
Park City/Canyons 3/26-29 was created by avajane
Easter Sunday at Canyons was a bluebird spring skiing day. Yesterday started with a couple of inches by 9 am and then 6-8 more during the day. The snow was light up high but almost raining down low. Locals weren't impressed but I thought it was a great day. There was enough new by late afternoon that I was skiing trees.

Today was one of the best powder mornings of my life. Several locals said it was the best powder in two months. There was one to two feet of new and I was in line early. Took the Orange Bubble up and went right to Super Condor. Got 3rd tracks from top to bottom of Apex Ridge. Next I skied two runs of steep, north facing facing powder bumps. By my fourth run I was ready to leave but they pulled the rope on Condor Woods and I had two gorgeous tree runs with a crazy gully called "Canis Lupus" thrown in for good measure. After that I really was satiated and ready to go elsewhere but then they pulled the rope on Boa and I got fresh deep tracks on that as well! 

After a quick 11 lunch I skied several lift line pillow bump runs under the Peak 5' lift. Deep and soft, I was amazed this wasn't completely cut up by then. Next I hit Red Pine Bowl's double diamond runs and was surprised to find that unlike other Park City steeps, these were the real deal albeit short. There was so much gunpowder on the steep cliffy section, the snow was mostly black.  The sun kept coming out in the afternoon and quickly fried the powder and turned 80 percent of the mountain to mank. I kept at it till the end and found pretty good stuff on the north side of the Orange Bubble up till closing time.  My Epic Mix told me I'd done 30,000 vertical but it felt like 60k.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.