Home > Trip Reports > March 29 Pineapple Pass - One Day

March 29 Pineapple Pass - One Day

3/29/16
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Griff on 3/29/16 1:44pm
Headed out early to catch cold snow before the sun affected it. Well, was a day late there as it had already up to about 4500 feet. But the first 500 feet were glorious. The next 500 feet not so and the lower mountain just wet. Enjoy:

https://vimeo.com/160840257
I like your ski buddy-Lucy. ;)

author=Zap link=topic=36150.msg147541#msg147541 date=1459345025]
I like your ski buddy-Lucy. ;)

Thanks Zap. Yep, she is the best.......2nd Lab that I have skied with. Her favorite thing to do even at 9 years old. A great partner.......always ready to go, quiet and provides unconditional love even on the days when the skiing isn't that great  ;D

I bet those people towards the bottom must have been "Wow, look at that skier coming down!"

Somebody in the group may have said "That DOG has great lines."  Of course Lucy would stop and get a few "pats" and be of to the vehicle to get a snack and a nap on the way home. ;)

author=Zap link=topic=36150.msg147566#msg147566 date=1459433560]
Somebody in the group may have said "That DOG has great lines."  Of course Lucy would stop and get a few "pats" and be of to the vehicle to get a snack and a nap on the way home. ;)

Yes, she sleeps pretty darn good after these trips. Won't be many more years of this so I cherish every trip we go on together.

Now, as for the comments from the large group of kids wearing tennis shoes and t-shorts, it was:

>> Is this trail dangerous? LOL. Well yes kids this is Avy terrain. And yes as the day gets warmer the danger increases (which is why I am wearing avy gear).

>> Oh..........was the response. "Be safe" my parting words.

author=Griff link=topic=36150.msg147572#msg147572 date=1459441319]
>> Is this trail dangerous? LOL. Well yes kids this is Avy terrain. And yes as the day gets warmer the danger increases (which is why I am wearing avy gear).

Not to take away from the sentiment that people shouldn't head into the mountains unprepared - but avy gear while skiing alone is really just body recovery gear since no one is digging you out until you've been gone way to long for it to matter.

author=JPH link=topic=36150.msg147581#msg147581 date=1459452095]
Not to take away from the sentiment that people shouldn't head into the mountains unprepared - but avy gear while skiing alone is really just body recovery gear since no one is digging you out until you've been gone way to long for it to matter.

Roger that boss. Hence why I tell my wife where I am going to be, so they can find me.

Seriously, I always travel with it knowing there are other folks out there and if I am needed I want to be prepared. Once I was caught on what I thought was going to be a groomer day only to have the Nash gate open. I went. Dumb.

Yet I am comfortable going solo and have very hard boundaries. Sure a partner is always preferred, but not always available.

Reply to this TR

march-29-pineapple-pass-one-day
Griff
2016-03-29 20:44:55