Home > Trip Reports > March 26, 2016, Wasatch, Pfeiferhorn NW Couloir

March 26, 2016, Wasatch, Pfeiferhorn NW Couloir

3/26/16
Posted by jtrue on 3/26/16 10:17am
The NW Couli on the Pfeif is a classic in the Wasatch that everyone is eager to ski, somehow I have always walked past it to go ski other objectives.  Decided to give it a go today, mix of ass puckering firm conditions to some really nice pow.

Clay heading up from Red Pine Lake

How chalky is it?  Not that chalky.

Happy Rappy

A little better, can make turns, whew

At the rap station, icy getting down to it, glad to be anchored in

Clay happy to be making turns on the apron

Exits are always the best part
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I don't know how many times I climbed or skied up around there BITD when I lived in SLC. Skiing this line was not an option (for me) back then, but I love that little mountain. Your TR needs a nice portrait of the beautiful peak!

author=JimD link=topic=36120.msg147452#msg147452 date=1459085294">
Thanks for the trip down memory lane. I don't know how many times I climbed or skied up around there BITD when I lived in SLC. Skiing this line was not an option (for me) back then, but I love that little mountain. Your TR needs a nice portrait of the beautiful peak!

Nice!  My buddies said I should be kicked out of UT for not yet skiing this line during my time in UT. 

Shot from Whitepine on another tour. 

That is the start of my alpine adventures.  I started BC skiing at age 13 on leathers and 3 pins and that was my zone.  It's funny to think that the winter of 1993 my friends and I were foolish enough to ski that thing in leathers and on pins.  There was enough snow that year that the entire thing filled in.  Crazy.

Thanks for the post.  Been wanting to go back for a long time now.

author=danpeck link=topic=36120.msg147472#msg147472 date=1459121189]
That is the start of my alpine adventures.  I started BC skiing at age 13 on leathers and 3 pins and that was my zone.  It's funny to think that the winter of 1993 my friends and I were foolish enough to ski that thing in leathers and on pins.  There was enough snow that year that the entire thing filled in.  Crazy.

Thanks for the post.  Been wanting to go back for a long time now.

That sounds exciting!  This year the last rap is only about 20 feet, 3 or 4 years ago it filled in all the way and people were skiing without a rap.  Fun line for sure.

Reply to this TR

march-26-2016-wasatch-pfeiferhorn-nw-couloir
jtrue
2016-03-26 17:17:39