Home > Trip Reports > december 18, 2005, Big Bald Knob, VA

december 18, 2005, Big Bald Knob, VA

12/18/05
Posted by kam on 12/19/05 5:06am
it's neither big nor bald, but it's big enough and bald enough...

planning your next ski vacation?
cool photo. reminds me of the Jerry Garcia with banjo shot...

Way to bag the knob! ;D

Nice. Thanks for sharing. Was it the sort of crust that could cut your face if you fell and broke it? If so, extra points.

Cool picture . . . you weren't going to try to call this "patch skiing" were you?

Way to go Kam and Allyson.  Yikes those thorny shrubs look nasty.  In addition to your kevlar vest, it might not hurt to wear your helmet and goggles on the next outing.
You know what grandma always said, "everyone is laughing and having a good time until someone gets their eye poked out".  :D

Way to bag 'em & tag 'em, Kamster.

This sorta reminds me of the year I spent in St Louis, skiing on frozen golf courses...

Glad you're still getting out in VA. Way to keep on keepin' on.

You know what grandma always said, "everyone is laughing and having a good time until someone gets their eye poked out".  :D

thankfully there was no eye-pokage issues on this trip...though it was close a couple times. ;)  with a couple more feet of fresh pow, that hill would have some real potential! not bad for for va though, glad i brought my skis afterall--at least just to say we skied a not-big-hardly-bald knob in va.

This sorta reminds me of the year I spent in St Louis, skiing on frozen golf courses...

hmmm...you just gave me a good idear...!

oh, i can't wait for the next dump to fill up this gem!  ;D

oh, i can't wait for the next dump to fill up this gem!

Kam, looks like powerlines/firebreaks could be your east version of patches? ;) I can see the calendar now...sweet!

Nice job getting in the Virginia turns, Kam.  
ps.  I'm still waiting for the Patches all year calendar to come out...

... I'm still waiting for the Patches all year calendar to come out...

ooh, be patient....  muuuhhhaaaa...

Hey Kam - what's this about grabbing thorn bushes?  Your too good to be dumpin' speed - don't give me that  ;)

Hey that coverage is what our lower level snows will be looking like if these temps keep up....definitely a sad sign............

looks fun!!   I'm actually in Charlottesville, VA right now for a few days... unfortunately we wont be skiing, as my bro and his family are busy moving into a new house and all, but.. it's cool to hear about Seattle folks gettin the goods nearby!    8)

Merry Christmas all.  

Reply to this TR

december-18-2005-big-bald-knob-va
kam
2005-12-19 13:06:46