Home > Trip Reports > March 25, 2016, Summit East, Half Pipe

March 25, 2016, Summit East, Half Pipe

3/25/16
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 3/25/16 1:27pm
I arrived at the Summit East parking lot around 2:30pm, and it was drizzling.  I waited and waited and at 3pm I began the trip when the sun finally came out.  The Face had about 6 skier/board lines.  The snow was moist and getting heavy.  The climbing track went up in a steep line.  I followed it for about 200vf, and then I cut a new line in the €œold style€ with a zigzag climb.  The young team was moving fast so I took a side trail that was cut by some snowshoe folks.  It was a slow approach, but I knew there would be a groomer for the cross country skiers.  When I approached the top trail there was the groomer.  Everyone else was skiing the Face, so I followed the groomer.  The surprise was following the groomer that was near the Kendall and Cutoff trails.  It was a fresh groomed €œhalf pipe€ run through the treed area.  I was the only skier/boarder, i.e. the only person, there and it was a blast in the tight run.  I had a great day on the moist snowpack in the €œhalf pipe€.
Darn missed you again we over on the backside of East skinning up.! Then  we skied back to car at Silver fir. Closed the bar down at 430 . I Shouda called .

Zap and Robie, I'd love to get some exercise with you guys sometime.  And closing down the bar sounds good.  And getting all that done by 4:30 sounds perfect!

I'm pretty new with the touring stuff, I've been hiking/riding over at Gold Creek Pond and have my gear dialed in. I've been thinking about hiking some runs at summit East, any words of wisdom? How does the ski patrol feel about it?

East is now closed for the season so no one there to say nay. One  word of caution would be the avy potential if there are  further storms. There are mellow runs to the west of the face.

Reply to this TR

march-25-2016-summit-east-half-pipe
Zap
2016-03-25 20:27:38