Mar 25, 2016 - Alpental, Good Friday

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
25 Mar 2016 14:12 - 25 Mar 2016 14:21 #226663 by pipedream
Mar 25, 2016 - Alpental, Good Friday was created by pipedream
Seemed like plenty of folks were either sick this morning, on SPRING BREAK!!1 or had the day off for a long, Easter weekend. I, myself, simply gave a heads-up I'd be in after lunchtime, tucked the phone in the goggle pocket and hopped in line for third chair on Armstrong, which loaded five minutes after 9. The padded seats were slightly delayed due to lingering control work above E-Bowl and began accepting butts at 0930. The clouds were in and out all morning, but the first few laps sure were good. About knee-deep up top, moderating down to ankle-deep schmoo on a slippery crust at the bottom. Elevator opened a little after 10 and the upper gate cracked at quarter 'til noon. Got a pair of laps through each and none of 'em sucked!

Good Friday, indeed!

(Don't worry, that line easily tripled in size by the time we got back to it for our second lap up top)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• cumulus
  • [cumulus]
More
25 Mar 2016 19:58 #226668 by cumulus
Replied by cumulus on topic Re: Mar 25, 2016 - Alpental, Good Friday
interesting viewing... we took our sick day the previous day, Thursday (nephew from Salt Lake was on spring break tho) and it was up and down (no lines) with instant refill (snow) all day.

With the occasional cold wind we even had icicles hanging off our helmets circa 2pm... unprecedented!

Foot or more of non stop powder... a little heavier than standard Utah issue but no complaints!

parking lot shortly after 9am: empty but colorful -

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.