TR from AC

• Robie
  • [Robie]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
17 Oct 2002 12:13 #168003 by Robie
TR from AC was created by Robie
Andy ,<br>This isn't bout skiing . But I for one would like to hear about your bike trip in Pryneenes.Did you meet up with Neil from TP ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Andrew Carey
  • [acarey]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
09 Nov 2002 02:18 #168025 by Andrew Carey
Replied by Andrew Carey on topic Re: TR from AC
Our bike trip was great. Regine, Dominique, & I started in Toulouse and biked 3 days to the Pyrnees, crossed the Pyrenees at Col du Somport (4,000 vf gain in the morning) and continued across the breadth of Spain, crossing the mountains of Leon and the Cantanbrian Range in Galicia (the steepest highest pass of the trip) to Santiago de Compostela. We biked 800 miles in 14 days, gained 21,000 feet of elevation, with the longest downhill of 29 km (16 miles), max speed of about 63 km/hr (almost 40 mph), good weather, nice roads, courteous drivers, friendly people, high calorie food; no snow :D. Biked the agricultural/small towns of southern France, to the oak forest of the pyrenean foothills, to above timberline there, down to the dry high plains of Spain (the Meseta) to the wet mixed fields and forest of Galicia (settled by Celts, speak Gallegos a celtic dialect, the place is remiscient of Ireland in appearance, including celtic crosses). Saw lots of churches, cathedrals, castles, forts dating from the Roman occupation upto Charlemagne's driving of the moors out of Spain to the development of the pilgrim's route to S de C (burial place of St. James the Apostle). Didn't get to telemark-pyrenees.com. I've got digital pictures, still need to be edited in photoshop, and I still haven't put up a home page where photos can be accessed ???abc

• Robie
  • [Robie]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
09 Nov 2002 08:16 #168030 by Robie
Replied by Robie on topic Re: TR from AC
Impressive !<br>Are you putting a slide show together ? The part about the Celtic culture is fascinating.Do the locals have corgis too? Thanks, I asked cause I'd like to get into bike touring.