Crystal Mountain 3/15/16

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Mar 2016 15:24 #226517 by CMSkier
Crystal Mountain 3/15/16 was created by CMSkier
4-8" of new overnight nicely refreshed yesterday's leftovers. Felt light and fluffy, although yesterday cuts provided some bumps. I say felt as the roaming-around fog kept some of it invisible. Got some niceness in Memorial early and a few foggy bounces in Campbell before a long Upper K2 to K2 Face that was all good. One good vis trip in Powder Bowl for nice pow/packed pow up high progressing to thicker and lumper lower down. The whole mountain felt the effect of the temp warming 10 degrees as the snow thickened up in the afternoon. Will turn to nice packed pow with skier grooming - which might be tough if it heats up into slop tomorrow.

Light snow falling on the emptying B lot right now.

Ken

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 Mar 2016 15:39 #226519 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal Mountain 3/15/16
Yee Haa biggest earliest report I’ve ever seen from Mr CMSkier…Some other info before the formal reports are finalized….Another day, another Powder day, another BIG day all in all…lots of new light snow to cover up yesterday, lots of hardcore early crowd that was very efficient on skiing and cutting up everything in sight, lots of great vis early which was a little fuzzy at times mid day, lots of no lift lines – except for a cluster on HC waiting for South to open, after it opened there wasn’t a lift line on Chair 6 for the rest of my day. Great snow, great smooth perfect grooming on the groomers that I did (LS and MIFB) and they were still nice and carveable the last times I was on them. Got lucky and managed to get first tracks skier right off the top of PB again today in happy vis – deeper (couldn’t see much of yesterdays tracks), softer and way lighter, so I guess todays run was even better than yesterdays…but by late morning the lower half of PB was getting a little packed lumpy firmer. Everything from M-World to the Doors to OuterFerks and Bearpits was pretty sweet again early today and I managed to score first tracks in lots of them…and they worth sloppy seconds later in the day. Snow pack is getting deeper everyday….the rest of the week will settle in down and provide a very nice few Spring days of Sun – I’m ready.

Other – CB lodge had food and SOUP…Tomato Bisque (again! dang)…but not much heat when I passed through there late morning. Parking in A lot was typically stupid – no buses and not a lot of Pay folks. B and C had cars but not as many as yesterday. Another great day at the southern resort (White Pass excluded – anybody skied there this year?)

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
15 Mar 2016 17:21 #226518 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal Mountain 3/15/16

Yee Haa biggest earliest report I’ve ever seen from Mr CMSkier…

Mr. ddk - It's a lot earlier when you stay on the mountain and delete the 1.75hr drive home. :) Got a nap and 2 glasses of wine instead. (two more days!)

More
15 Mar 2016 20:48 #226527 by myikat
Replied by myikat on topic Re: Crystal Mountain 3/15/16
Very high quality snow but got ripped to shreds inbounds by noon. Great stuff in Southback and Campbell where I spent all day. What a season. $800 plus vig for next years pass- bet there will be plenty of takers.