Whistler/Blackcomb 3/2/16

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
02 Mar 2016 19:30 #226334 by avajane
Whistler/Blackcomb 3/2/16 was created by avajane
Got up early with everyone else for a powder day. Since the Alpine had closed early yesterday, there was potential for a lot of fresh. There was lots of fresh but, much of it was either wind blown or a bit heavy. I avoided the early crowding by skiing Garbonzo and having A good time on Seppo's and Club 21 again. When the Alpine opened I went to Glacier Chair on Blackcomb with hopes of skiing the Glacier. It was closed until right when we hoped on Showcase T Bar! My wife enjoyed the Glacier, while I got first tracks on Sapphire Bowl. Some areas were wind blown but good, difficult turns were had. Next I skied the out of bounds "burn" skiers right of Crystal Chair. It was filled in nicely with lots of fresh, heavy snow. Again it skied well with difficulty. The weather cleared some so I did a bunch of lifelines on 7th Heaven. As the clouds were still holding off I skied Cougar Chutes on hard snow and finished up with a nasty thick fog run on the Bite....A very poor choice I only made because I was by myself. Made the most of a bad vis with Semi good snow.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.