Home > Forum > Whistler/Blackcomb 2/26

Whistler/Blackcomb 2/26

• CD
  • [CD]
More
26 Feb 2016 16:02 #226266 by CD
Whistler/Blackcomb 2/26 was created by CD
A mix of high overcast and sun today. Temps a bit warmer than yesterday. Just on the verge of making the snow sticky on the flats in the afternoon.

A couple of warm-ups on Jersey Cream waiting for Peak-2-Peak to open. When it did, jumped into one of the glass bottom buckets with 4 other people. Just lucked out as it was there when we got on. A novelty at best. The view out the normal windows is breathtaking and the big views add to the overall experience. Looking at treetops out the bottom, not so much. Glad we've never waited for it.

Spent the morning in Harmony Bowl and Peak Chair. Very nice and not much different than Wednesday. Headed back to Blackcomb for the afternoon and spent all of it on Glacier skiing bumps with the exception of the occasional T-Bar ride thrown in to get to some of our favorite chutes. The surprise of the day was Cougar Chute. We rarely ski it, but with the sun aspect today and some warming in the afternoon, it skied like butter.

LD had a BIG bowl of chicken noodle soup today. Lots of good stuff in it. And a roll.

With weather moving in, finished the day on the early side with a leisurely 36K. Over 150K in four days. Not so bad for older people.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
27 Feb 2016 15:06 #226279 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Whistler/Blackcomb 2/26
Thanks for the report. Cougar Chutes does sun up nice sometimes. Have you ever been on Quasar? Skiers left. I noticed a sign a while ago, but have never been up there.

• CD
  • [CD]
More
29 Feb 2016 17:25 #226314 by CD
Replied by CD on topic Re: Whistler/Blackcomb 2/26
Avajane, I skied skiers left of Cougar Chutes where it's a bit steeper and narrower, but don't remember seeing a sign mentioning Quasar. I probably wasn't far enough left. I'll have to look for it next time up. Thanks for the tip!

• avajane
  • [avajane]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
29 Feb 2016 19:49 #226304 by avajane
Replied by avajane on topic Re: Whistler/Blackcomb 2/26

Avajane, I skied skiers left of Cougar Chutes where it's a bit steeper and narrower, but don't remember seeing a sign mentioning Quasar.  I probably wasn't far enough left.  I'll have to look for it next time up.  Thanks for the tip!

I just showed up for the week, so with a pretty large snowpack and new snow I'll go and look for it. Its left before losing the few hundred feet of vertical getting down to Cougar chutes from the gate. I'll take a picture if it's good light.