Home > Trip Reports > February 25, 2016, Mt. Mcloughlin corn harvest

February 25, 2016, Mt. Mcloughlin corn harvest

2/25/16
Posted by Erased on 2/26/16 7:02am
Erased

Sounds like you did not go into 4 mile lake and approach from the east? Any idea if that road is open to the lake yet?

Excellent corn harvest! I have cousins in Medford, and that sweet mountain is the nicest view looking east. Hope spring stays relatively cool; maybe I'll catch up with you in May!!!

Very nice, brings back memories, I lived in Eugene 2012-2013 and did this fine mountain twice. Both times I went from the snow park and just headed up through the woods, using GPS on my phone to check progress in approximate correct direction, aiming for the main ridge that leads to the summit. No need to wait for the road to fourmie lake to open. Both times I failed to traverse back to the snow park, the second time I knew it was a not really worth it so it hit the highway 1.5miles back. IMO, head straight down to the wighway and hitch hike back or hike along the highway.

Love that mountain, big and imposing but nothing technical.  The forest on the lower slopes had soem lovely old growth, once I stumbled across an old giant with huge girth. Also interesting lava flows  down low that were hard to stumble over in ski boots.

Reply to this TR

february-25-2016-mt-mcloughlin-corn-harvest
Erased
2016-02-26 15:02:47