Home > Trip Reports > Feb 21, 2016, Stevens, Dementia Tour

Feb 21, 2016, Stevens, Dementia Tour

2/21/16
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by ADappen on 2/22/16 2:30am
The feeble minds of Tom Janisch and Kyle Flick, joined my own ineffectual intellectual company on the Dementia Tour between Stevens Pass and Smithbrook Road. Three 20-watt bulbs pooled together gave us 60 watts of brilliance and we successfully navigated the route without wandering down the wrong drainage to become coyote food or media fodder.

As is usually the case, the middle half of the traverse was devoid of people, tracks, or any evidence of human visitation. Kyle had the bad manners of leaving his orange peels behind in one of the deepest, darkest sections of forests so that future skiers might experience the joy of knowing they are on route.

The snow (dense powder) was heavy to break but fabulous to ski. Most of the route is below treeline and the bonding of new snow to old was excellent. The logical direction of travel for the non-demented is to start at Stevens Pass and ski to Smithbrook €“ this starts you higher and always has you descending north-facing slopes.

map

Hey - thanks for posting. Great outing and I enjoyed the insight on your team discussion.  Cheers

Dimmer bulbs equal cooler filaments equals less efficient output equals less perceived light. Thus three dim bulbs do not necessarily have the same brilliance than one bright bulb. But, that said, all is well that ends well  ;)

Phil, I got a chuckle from your your Watt-splitting.

Lovely write up & thanks for the map and the light bulbs.

Nice tour as usual, thanks for your TR!

Reply to this TR

feb-21-2016-stevens-dementia-tour
ADappen
2016-02-22 10:30:11