Home > Forum > January 8yh;Erik Lewis Memorial Day at Alpental

January 8yh;Erik Lewis Memorial Day at Alpental

• martin_volken
  • [martin_volken]
More
13 Dec 2005 03:12 #173380 by martin_volken
Hi all;<br>On January 8th Pro Guiding Service will be hosting an avalanche awareness day at Alpental in honor of Erik Lewis who passed away in an avalanche accident last January. <br>I know that Turns all Year does not allow commercial content on the site. I figured that this would be ok, since 100% of the money generated will go to a cheritable cause of Erik's parents choosing (most likely NWAC).<br>It should be a fun-filled day with several work stations like multiple beacon scenarios, pit data analysis, tour planning and mountain weather. Instructors will be Scott Schell, Ben Haskell and Martin Volken.<br>The cost of the day is $95. It all goes to a good cause we care greatly about. <br>If you would like to sign up, please call us at 425 888-6397.<br>Cheers. Martin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
13 Dec 2005 08:02 #173393 by Charles
Martin, this sounds like a good event for a good cause, and an entirely appropriate post for this site.

• lapaz25
  • [lapaz25]
More
19 Dec 2005 06:21 #173465 by lapaz25
I'm definitely going to be there-a great chance to brush up on your skills for a great cause. Plus, I've had experience with Scott, Martin, & Ben as guides-highly recommended for anyone!<br><br>~Lara

More
19 Dec 2005 08:20 #173470 by mfaoro
Just signed up yesterday. <br><br>After not getting a lot of practice last year I am really excited about the refresher and about another day in the mountains.

More
28 Dec 2005 03:08 #173571 by ron j
Great way to give back, Martin. <br>Wer it not for a prior commitment I'd be there in a heartbeat. Thanks for doing this.

More
08 Jan 2006 15:25 - 08 Jan 2006 15:28 #173745 by mfaoro
I attended this today. GREAT event and solid, solid information from Martin, Scott, and Ben.<br><br>An incredibly well put together day of Avalanche ed!<br><br>Awesome day! Thanks guys,<br>Michael