Home > Forum > Crystal - 2/10

Crystal - 2/10

• CD
  • [CD]
More
10 Feb 2016 13:50 #226068 by CD
Crystal - 2/10 was created by CD
Arrived at the mountain to warm temps, broken clouds and wind. Gondie was on wind hold all day and REX ran half speed. Unfortunately, it wasn't warm enough to soften anything off-piste. Pretty much a frozen wasteland. The grooming on Lucky Shot was good, but things were firm. The best run was Iceberg which was groomed and soft corn-like snow. Deerfly was the same, so top-to-bottoms were the order of the day. Approaching clouds were ominous and by 11:30 it was raining lightly from the top of Iceberg down. We bailed with a half day.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pipedream
  • [pipedream]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2016 14:13 #226070 by pipedream
Replied by pipedream on topic Re: Crystal - 2/10
I'm looking forward to the report from tomorrow... I know at least one of you or ddk is hardcore enough to ski in the mid-winter rain!

More
10 Feb 2016 15:39 #225132 by ddk
Replied by ddk on topic Re: Crystal - 2/10

I'm looking forward to the report from tomorrow... I know at least one of you or ddk is hardcore enough to ski in the mid-winter rain!n

not I , I be up north .... it is wet up here. But fun.

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Feb 2016 16:21 #226071 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 2/10
Early morning sun was encouraging, but even at 40°, anything that hadn’t been touched by a groomer was frozen solid. Something about the grooming left it soft and carvable. The rest, if you were lucky, was smooth skidded moguls. Unlucky and it was gnarly frozen glop. We rattled our way to Iceberg via many routes and from there skied the groomed either to Rex or Deerfly. Between the wind-slowed Rex and limited runs, the rain was almost welcomed, as it ended my day. Got some fun lines in. Carved Iceberg into some fun bumps. And quit when my goggles accumulated a lens-covering layer of drops.

As far as tomorrow. I don’t think mid-winter rain over icy junk will be for Hardcores, however, maybe the Hard Ups (aka count me out).

Ken
+

More
10 Feb 2016 16:47 #226072 by packrat
Replied by packrat on topic Re: Crystal - 2/10
The gondola started about noon and the sun came out. Pretty fun day