Home > Forum > Longmire Downhill Gate schedule

Longmire Downhill Gate schedule

• Scole
  • [Scole]
More
08 Feb 2016 22:59 #226056 by Scole
Longmire Downhill Gate schedule was created by Scole
As with many things NPS related, I can't find this so I'm hoping someone can quickly re-link me to it. Anyways, sometime in the past, I recall seeing a chart or table that listed the various times related to the gate at Longmire. I want to say that there were three timeframes on it- November to Jan/Feb, Jan/Feb to March, and March til April/May when the gate restriction lifts.

It would list the latest time for uphill travel, time the gate closed, etc. Does this ring any bells?

Thanks!
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Gary Vogt
  • [vogtski]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
09 Feb 2016 05:48 #226057 by Gary Vogt
Replied by Gary Vogt on topic Re: Longmire Downhill Gate schedule
Although the previous couple winter's gate opening times have played out somewhat as you described, I've never seen a schedule posted for implementing longer hours.  The current info is: "Nov. 18 - TBD, 9am-5pm":

www.nps.gov/mora/planyourvisit/winter-travel.htm

Last year the hours increased on March 7 to 6 PM daily closings and 8 AM openings on weekends.  Historically, the Longmire gate is open 24-7 after the Paradise Inn is open, usually late May.

• Scole
  • [Scole]
More
09 Feb 2016 20:59 #226063 by Scole
Replied by Scole on topic Re: Longmire Downhill Gate schedule
Thanks. I think what I'm recalling was put out last year or the winter before that. Anyways, someone I know was venting about the gate and it triggered my fuzzy memory.