Crystal - 01/29

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
29 Jan 2016 16:57 #225929 by ddk
Crystal - 01/29 was created by ddk
Another one of those not totally expected kinda “fun” days…Weather came in earlier than expected – Blvd was kinda snowy and nasty for some folks early…it started showing snow on the telemetry at 5:30 and by the time I pulled into the A lot it was nukin snow and piling up fast…By the time I jumped onto a mostly empty CHex chair it was getting deep at the base. Fairly big winds over the ridge tops (SE early) scoured the top of REX (and other places), but just below the top things were getting better and deeper all day (bonus ski a line, come back in a hour and its untracked, YEE HAA fun). Definitely a hard icy layer underneath the new, but it all got better all day. Weather today? Pretty much random micro burst of big winds coming from all kinda weird directions, nuking snow all morning and every once in a who knows when all day, between the big snow dumps were multiple very nice sunny periods – enough to have happy runs in GV bowl and one primo in PB. No crowd, no lift lines, what groomers I did were pleasant and actually got better with the piles of soft new.

Other – Watched Ferd eat a bowl of CCC (which even he admitted had a little to much Tabasco Sauce – I would have used the Sriacha sauce). Lots of early buses and late buses in the A lot, also lots of folks that did not have pay permits…pay lot not full, C lot had a lot of cars and some rows in B lot. If the snow keeps up, tomorrow morning will be epic big – both in snow and crowds. Gotta say today was a very nice stormy nasty fun day! Dang why did I go! ;D

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.