Home > Forum > Crater Rock to Highway 35

Crater Rock to Highway 35

• barkernews
  • [barkernews]
More
09 Dec 2005 15:20 #173338 by barkernews
Crater Rock to Highway 35 was created by barkernews
I'm thinking of skinning up to Crater Rock and trying to ski down the White River Glacier to Highway 35 tomorrow. Anyone done this that can offer any advice? Is this recommended? Any beta would be great! Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
10 Dec 2005 05:23 - 10 Dec 2005 07:45 #173339 by Jeff Huber
Replied by Jeff Huber on topic Re: Crater Rock to Highway 35

I'm thinking of skinning up to Crater Rock and trying to ski down the White River Glacier to Highway 35 tomorrow. Anyone done this that can offer any advice? Is this recommended? Any beta would be great! Thanks!

<br><br>Hi Brian - Would you cutover into the White River glacier from the Crater Rock level? The upper portions of the White River Glacier are heavily crevassed, so I'd wait till much later in the season to do that. However if you cutover into White River canyon at a lower elevation, like that of the Palmer or lower, that'd work much easier. Another idea for a big tour to WR parking lot with a car shuttle, is to skin up Meadows to the top of Cascade (or higher) then ski down Skylar bowl to WR.<br><br>Seeing as I'm responding on Saturday, you're hopefully already out there.<br><br>Cheers,<br><br>Jeff

• barkernews
  • [barkernews]
More
11 Dec 2005 15:57 #173354 by barkernews
Replied by barkernews on topic Re: Crater Rock to Highway 35
Jeff,<br>Thanks for the Beta! We scoped it and agreed it was a bit early. We also slept pretty late, so we just skinned up to Triangle Moraine and rode back to Govy via Alpine. Maybe next time! <br>Hoping for snow...<br>BB<br>