Home > Forum > Parking Henry creek and rock mtn

Parking Henry creek and rock mtn

• undermyownpower
  • [undermyownpower]
More
20 Jan 2016 10:03 #225835 by undermyownpower
Parking Henry creek and rock mtn was created by undermyownpower
Hey All ,

What a great year! Relatively new to the area and have a few parking questions. Henry Creek? Can i park anywhere near the station without getting a ticket or towed? Or is the Nordic center the only safe zone? How about Rock Mtn. Parking on US 2 at the pullout. Does not seem to be a problem . K9.
The parking pullout across from tunnel creek says no parking. Is there any easier access than parking west of the hairpin and hiking back up?

Also any common access issues would be appreciated.

I transplanted from Tahoe a few years back and I knew the b/c ski parking politics there. I am trying to avoid the "300 dollar cost of admission for poor parking decisions" here.

Thanks for your input and have a great season!

Keith

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
20 Jan 2016 15:25 #225839 by yakAT
Replied by yakAT on topic Re: Parking Henry creek and rock mtn
For Henry Creek parking, there's a spur road about a hundred yards uphill (towards Stevens Pass) from the train tunnel. This road is on the north side of the road and is usually plowed. Park there and walk back down the road to the logging road to Henry Creek.

More
21 Jan 2016 12:10 #225854 by Pete_H
Replied by Pete_H on topic Re: Parking Henry creek and rock mtn
I've never had a problem parking on the pull out on the side of the road for Rock. DOT does a pretty good job of plowing that out. I did hear of someone getting towed parking on the side of the road near the DOT shed for Arrowhead though which I thought was fair game too so maybe things have changed.