Home > Forum > Remember that AvySticker from NSAW 2014? Try it!

Remember that AvySticker from NSAW 2014? Try it!

• Charlie Hagedorn
  • [trumpetsailor]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
17 Jan 2016 20:19 - 17 Jan 2016 20:22 #225765 by Charlie Hagedorn
Remember that AvySticker from NSAW 2014? Try it! was created by Charlie Hagedorn
A quick thread to jog the memory of the 200 of you to whom I gave AvyStickers at NSAW two years ago. Tricky snow/avalanche conditions like this weekend's originally inspired the AvySticker. It's been more than a year, but now it's snow-time.

If you have one, stick it to a ski tonight (flattest part of the ski, no bubbles, really press it on well, let it sit overnight or longer), and fill it in for your next tour with the grease-pencil that was in the envelope. AvyStickers stick to every ski I've tried, but if you want to remove one, AvyStickers can be removed cleanly.

The AvySticker will not and can not make anyone safer (It's a sticker, nothing more. Safety is up to you), but it places the forecast and your list of things you're not going to do in front of you, and highlights common concerns. The AvySticker has made my touring decisions more deliberate and has helped groups I've been with make better, more cohesive, decisions. It's my fervent hope, which I cannot guarantee, that it might do the same for you.

So, if you've got one of those AvyStickers, go try the experiment. Please let me know, in public or private, how it goes!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.