Home > Trip Reports > 14 Jan 2016, - Snoqualmie Pass

14 Jan 2016, - Snoqualmie Pass

1/14/16
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by haggis on 1/14/16 4:05am
Called an emergency meeting of the €œboards€ last night for a hot lap before work this morning.  The clouds and snow that we got last night at Central/West dispersed and left us with a beautiful sunrise up high on Snoqualmie.  Skinning was great until around 5800 when the crust 6-8€ below made things just plain annoying, slipping and a sliding.  Another group of 3 had passed us and were setting the skin track with a view to the slot but we had work to return to so stripped skins and rode down in really nice powder back to the car.  Sunshine was out and I€™m guessing this slope will turn to junk later in the day and be pretty crispy tomorrow, it is SW facing after all.  It was surprisingly cold up high, around 23F which was a lot lower than the telemetry said it was going to be, maybe when the sky cleared it plummeted.  Made for better turns anyway.

Awesome start to the day.
Nice R... that's some tasty light on chair  :D

Light was beautiful this morning, the turns were the icing.

Nice! Glad to see the report. These clear skies are great. But I'll take the storms on the way

Going to work with a smile.  ;)

And a yawn! ;)

Nice work.. Sadly my dawn patrol days are over for now with a 7:00 am start time.

cool pics, thanks for sharing. it was a beautiful day in the source lake valley looking up at Mt Snoqualmie.

Reply to this TR

14-jan-2016-snoqualmie-pass
haggis
2016-01-14 12:05:39