January 13, 2016 Summit Central

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
13 Jan 2016 22:00 #225719 by Zap
January 13, 2016 Summit Central was created by Zap
Met Robert and Shauna at the Issaquah P&R.  The chain up sign was “on”.  Very few cars at the Central parking lots and we were 50 feet to the lodge.  No lift lines and very few people.  Roberts comments:

“13" fresh in the morning, not blower powder but not too heavy either; snowed all day (although it came dangerously close to looking like rain for a bit); not many skiers; fresh tracks to be had all day. Fog closed in after noon, but the sun was visible through the clouds around 11.”

I stopped for lunch.  Robie and his climbing buddy parked at East and made a couple of runs there and then skiied down to the Silver Fir lodge. It was great to swap lies and powder days. Plus, what body parts need replacement. Then Silas arrives and the stories get even bigger. I said that today was my “69th” birthday. Silas brought over a Silver cupcake with burning toothpicks as a candle. A chorus of B-Day by the staff and friends. It was a nice day on the slopes and to see some “young” friends.    ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• BrianT
  • [saxybrian]
More
14 Jan 2016 06:13 #225721 by BrianT
Replied by BrianT on topic Re: January 13, 2016 Summit Central
Happy birthday zap!

More
14 Jan 2016 10:51 #225725 by haggis
Replied by haggis on topic Re: January 13, 2016 Summit Central
What a great ghetto birthday cake! We did a Wildside Wednesday for 2nd week in a row, what a treat. I've gone 2 years with none and then I get 2 in a row. Snow quality was better last Wed but you could actually see last night. Skied back to central to get my kids from lessons and even parachute was still riding nicely.