Home > Trip Reports > Jan 8, laps at West after meeting the chairman

Jan 8, laps at West after meeting the chairman

1/5/16
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Tom Townsend on 1/8/16 2:39pm
Needed some wise counsel regarding the best place to do laps today with the dog. Got to the pass at 0800 and went to the Alpental parking lot in search of some dirtbag skier advice. The chairman said he might be there, but no dice. I recalled a food post from Silver Fir yesterday and headed that way. Sure enough I found him in the executive washroom shaving, "I have a few minutes before my first meeting, I'll fit you in". From there he guided me up the grand staircase, to his new office suite which is huge, brand new and smells vaguely of french fries. After a brief consult we determined that the groomers at west was the place for me and my four legged companion. It was foggy half way up but the corduroy was superb.
After all.  He's in a chair...and he's a man...he must be a chairman!

Thanks Tom.  So happy to meet in my office, not yours!  Yikes.  Crazy people attract each other I guess and that goes for you Mr Morrow as well.

Keeps life interesting in a good way, IMO!

i can only help you with where to not bring the dog. glad chmn. silas steered you and your lovely fido to a safe place.

You guys must not have got the memo about being early to work! The best laps to be had at West were between 5:45 & 7:30 AM. After that, the fog rolled in. Whilst on the lapping assignment, the sunrise was superb, and the runs were fog-free. Breakfast was a welcome repast...

author=GregLange link=topic=35407.msg145420#msg145420 date=1453261773]
the runs were fog-free.

And dog-free, apparently!

i think they would have told us if there was poop in the skin track.

Reply to this TR

jan-8-laps-at-west-after-meeting-the-chairman
Tom Townsend
2016-01-08 22:39:25