January 7, 2016 Mission Ridge

• Zap
  • [Zap]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
07 Jan 2016 20:17 #225641 by Zap
January 7, 2016 Mission Ridge was created by Zap
The last time we were at MR was when the area was sold. The area is closed on Tuesday and Wednesday.  The past 2 days they received 4-5 inches of snow. We received free passes because of our Summit Gold Passes and they're only available on weekdays. They were operating chairs 1, 2 and  3. We noticed that there were a lot of retired folks like us there. Chair 4 was not operating because it is a Night Skiing Area. In Random Tracks someone asked where were the best groomed trails, and MR had a lot of votes. We stayed on the groomers. I noticed that the skied lines had coverage and the locals knew what to ski and when to wait for more snow.  I remember years ago when a few of us skied MR after a 30” dump.  It was great until we skied the Bomber Chutes area and a friend did a butt check on a rock and was evaced to the ER!  We all learned to only ski areas where we knew what was under that big mound! Today, no lift lines, lots of groomers and no wind at the top Liberator Express quad (chair 2). Nice way to end our first ski trip of the season.  ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• wickstad
  • [wickstad]
More
11 Jan 2016 21:08 #225696 by wickstad
Replied by wickstad on topic Re: January 7, 2016 Mission Ridge
I like it. I have to tell you, speaking of butt checks...I have been trying to diagnose my recent back problems that are different than normal and persistent. Today I remembered a day earlier this year when I wiped out pretty hard twice and the first time was an ass-spreader (onto bomber groomer from under the bomber cliffs). I honestly can understand Marshawn Lynch.

• wickstad
  • [wickstad]
More
12 Jan 2016 18:44 #225703 by wickstad
Replied by wickstad on topic Re: January 7, 2016 Mission Ridge
Btw I don't mean that I'm happy your friend had some trouble. You just reminded me that I have an injury instead of chronic pain. I took one ibuprofin and my back is doing great.