Home > Trip Reports > Dec 4 , 2005, Hogback mt

Dec 4 , 2005, Hogback mt

12/4/05
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by Robie on 12/4/05 4:57pm
During a Tall timbers breakfast I related my experiences to Ron And Jeanette of Sat. ski at hogback. I put forward we ought to go back cause temps stayd low and uptracks were put in place with no precip. I got no arguments. So the 3 of spent the day at Hogback under lightclouds,little wind and still good powder.
We skied from the top of the corniced ridgeline.   Supriseingly there were only 3 other skiers back there.Our tracks from sat were covered in  the wind exposed areas.Wind was from the NE and backing to SW by days end.the snow  was tightening up a midge at days end  Still some good skiing lines left back there. More snow like that please !
For those reading this Twin Peaks and round mountain have come on to my skidar. Is there any info that you would like to share. I'll post the same question on random posts ,thanks
Thanks Robie for a great tour of Hogback Mt., with perfect snow conditions!!  There are a few photos HERE  ;D.

We crested Hogsback around 11:00 AM on the 4th. Ran into a 6 pack of boarders and skiers. Skied Hogsback bowl and encountered the light wind crust mentioned by Robie. We then stayed to skiers right at the bench and hit  the steeper glades on the backside.  The snow had not picked up any of the crust from the easterly flows that were predominant earlier in the week. It was ...bliss.  Face shots all the way down.

Reply to this TR

dec-4-2005-hogback-mt
Robie
2005-12-05 00:57:52