Home > Trip Reports > Dec 14, 2015, Baker, Ptarmigan Ridge

Dec 14, 2015, Baker, Ptarmigan Ridge

12/14/15
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by Kenji on 12/17/15 2:25am
David and I camped out in his van at the Baker lot for three nights, Monday was the sunny powder day.  Surprisingly we were the only ones beyond Artist Point and enjoyed the solitude and the powder except breaking trails wherever we went. The snow pack was light-side up this time and not much wind affected, we didn't see any avy activities.  Since the skiing was so good anywhere, we did laps down to the Wells drainage from the saddle.  We made it back to Artist Point before dark, then pulled out our bright head lamps.  I love my new Petzl nao!

More pics here.
gorgeous shots! click through to that gallery, folks!!

but please, more #vanlife shots... I'll start contributing to those soon :)

That is the life. Baker calls.

Awesome photos! Looks like a great time.

Braided lines off the ridge are such an under appreciated art form!  Absolutely beautiful shot thanks.  And what a coup getting those great turns without any competition, nice work if you can get it!

Love those photos as usual...  Thanks for showing the braided 8's ....good example for how to not ruin a slope slashing/traversing all over... those could win figure 8 contest for sure...that is real skiing...

Great shots!

I tried to get a bunch of vans together for a couple days of skiing a few years ago and it didn't work out too well, but I'd like to try again this year. I'll be sure and post it here on TAY as well as the other usual Vanagon internet spots.

Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to repairing mine ;)

The 8 track was by David, I'd have skied in an open ;)  He may have felt that line was the safest in that bowl.  It was a little gentler and a slight rib.

It is David's van, I was just a passenger ;D

Reply to this TR

dec-14-2015-baker-ptarmigan-ridge
Kenji
2015-12-17 10:25:49