Home > Trip Reports > Dec 3- More face shots above Stevens Pass

Dec 3- More face shots above Stevens Pass

12/15/05
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Randonnee on 12/3/05 1:13am
Today my touring buddy and avy dog went with me back for more (!) face shots. Nice winter we are having. If this is the result of global warming, bring it on! The fluff was very stable. The fluffy snow from our Wed ski day settled noticeably, with new freshies on top.

We put the first skin track up again north from Stevens. I had agreed to meet silaswild and Scotsman so we sat in the car and watched the snow showers until 0830, and those guys showed up then as we headed up. My partner was very negative about the weather and refused to take his pack, so we skied three runs of very deep, nice snow. The dog was having trouble up and down, so enough for her on such a deep snow without base day. It is all good, though.

Nice to see all of the TAY folks who came as well. Hope your hike further up and turns were good.

There were many tourers heading up as we left. That group with Silas and Scotsman is probably the largest group that I have ever skied with in the bc.

Home in time for lunch with my girls. We are off to buy a black lab puppy to train since my dog is 13 yrs old
Slow traffic all the way to the pass due to snowy weather beginning in Bothell delayed our rendezvous with randonnee, and he kindly waited for us to show up.  Fun to meet Ludwig again after a few years, had a citizen senior to him in our group.

Problem areas in the slopes north of Stevens are much fewer after 3+ ft  of snow in the past two weeks.  Despite large crowds Saturday, many leftovers remained Sunday and the weather was much better, no precip, hazy sun and 2.5 ft powder.

Reply to this TR

dec-3-more-face-shots-above-stevens-pass
Randonnee
2005-12-03 09:13:23