Home > Trip Reports > car to car Snoqualmie! 12.13

car to car Snoqualmie! 12.13

12/13/15
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by cumulus on 12/13/15 3:13pm
that shouldn't be a big deal... if it weren't for that I didn't tour a single day around Snoqualmie last season. No Commonwealth, no Kendall, no Kentucky, no snow. But there was today! great to be out in it

Skied mostly in the 4-5K vicinity, S and W slopes - - staying off leeward wind loaded on the other side

Started slow and cautious... we got some slabs to release on micro features -

they didn't go far and were more the exception then the rule -

Couldn't get anything to propagate.

Rob enjoying fresh snow

Had the place to ourselves. It was like a ghost town. Except for the big boom. That went off right when we got to our first highpoint. rattled my bones (and the mountain). would be curious to know if alpy-patrol managed to propagate any consequential fractures or if it was more in the way of obliterating wind-loaded features.

Booooom!

Same at Stevens. I think they have some surplus from last year.

We were doing the bombhole hop on the backside of Stevens yesterday ;)  There is some reactive snow on the loaded south side of the ridge!

Amazing difference in coverage just from Saturday to Sunday around the Alpental environs, a thick blanket smothered many of the previous days bumps and dips making for much improved travel up and down.

Also a reminder that Alpental is closed as of yesterday to uphill travel as those bombs may go off at any time. So don't be stupid like the guy we watched skinning across the middle of Elevator Shaft.

Looks like some Kendall ridge in that first shot! Gotta get there. Sweet pics

Couple more photos

Reply to this TR

car-to-car-snoqualmie-12-13
cumulus
2015-12-13 23:13:20