Home > Trip Reports > December 12, Pineapple Basin

December 12, Pineapple Basin

12/12/15
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by jakedouglas on 12/12/15 8:16am
Took the winter approach on the way in, wasn't terrible but somewhat tedious. Lots of exposed boulders in Pineapple Basin and frozen debris on the SW slopes under Hemlock so we didn't head all the way up to the saddle. Skied 2 great powder laps on the slope by Rap Wall before exiting via Snow Lake trail which was probably a bit more tedious than our approach.

It's there if you want it, but it'll be another storm or two before it's truly convenient.
Thanks for this report. I went a little ways up the winter approach from the upper parking lot on Fri 12-4 and turned around after about 15 mins, because of the tedious conditions you referred too. I was hoping it would be easier to get in/out by now. I'm guessing the never ending siege of booters and snowshoers are not helping the Snow Lake trail either.

I skied a couple laps under the Sessel chair as a retort, but the snow was heavy and and unconsolidated still.

It was all about Denny Mountain today. we went up chair 3 and then from lower Nash on an ascending traverse to the top of Chair 1. From there up to Airplane Turn and Rollin, a short boot pack at the crux and on up to the top.  Powder bowl was excellent and with a little creativity is was easy to navigate back to the top of Chair 1 and on out the way we came.  The lower refrozen mank tank track groom on 3 even skied well as just enough snow had fallen during the day to make it doable. Lots of creeks still open, it'll take a couple of good storms to get the lift open. All in all nothing tedious about it!

Reply to this TR

december-12-pineapple-basin
jakedouglas
2015-12-12 16:16:48